Exciting opportunity for an electrical engineer to join a well-respected, growing MEP engineering consulting firm located in downtown Washington, DC. Join our team and help us continue our success by providing our growing client base the highest standard in electrical engineering design. Our customers are turning to us more and more to take the lead on their sophisticated building design and renovation projects, and we need talented professionals to keep up with the demand!
The ideal candidate will be able to take ownership of their projects, and work independently in an open and supportive office environment. Desired experience includes proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit a plus), familiarity with developing construction documents, and supporting calculations for design/build and design/bid/build projects. Our projects range from local historic building renovations to overseas building upgrades for U.S. Government clients. The qualified applicant will have excellent organizational skills, enabling them to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to effectively communicate with fellow design team members both inside and outside the company (mechanical, architectural, structural, construction contractors, etc.).
- Produce design drawings in AutoCAD for power distribution including electrical service, UPS systems, and backup generators.
- Develop lighting design for interior/exterior fixtures, and perform lighting level calculations using programs such as Microsoft Excel and Visual as well as others.
- Produce telecommunications distribution designs. Background in the information technology systems industry a plus!
- Create fire alarm designs in both new and existing systems, addressable and conventional.
- Design security system for new and existing high-level security systems.
- Manage design drawings on multiple platforms (networks).
- Perform construction administration services including submittal review and responding to contractor RFIs.
- Perform site surveys. Must be able to travel overseas to conduct site surveys for our international projects. Typical overseas trip duration is one week.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit a plus), Visual, Microsoft Office, and other related vendor design software.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in related field.
- Professional Engineering (PE) license desired.
- General knowledge of electrical codes (including the NEC).
- U.S. Citizen.
- Current U.S. Government security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Our employees share in a comprehensive compensation package, and hard work is rewarded! Benefits include medical plan, short term disability insurance, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and flexible work hours. Salary commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!