Grotheer & Company has an exciting opportunity for an electrical designer to join our well-respected, growing MEP engineering consulting firm located in downtown Washington, DC. Join our team and help us continue our success by providing our growing client base the highest standard in electrical and mechanical engineering design. Our customers are turning to us more and more to take the lead on their sophisticated building design and renovation projects, and we need talented professionals to keep up with the demand!
The ideal candidate will be able to take ownership of their projects, and work independently in an open and supportive office environment. Desired experience includes proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit a plus), familiarity with developing construction documents, and supporting calculations for design/build and design/bid/build projects. Our projects range from local historic building renovations to overseas building upgrades for U.S. Government clients. The qualified applicant will have excellent organizational skills, enabling them to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and the ability to effectively communicate with fellow design team members both inside and outside the company (mechanical, architectural, structural, construction contractors, etc.).
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD for power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, telecommunications, and security systems.
- Assist electrical engineers with:
- Lighting design for interior/exterior fixtures, and perform lighting level calculations using programs such as Microsoft Excel and Visual as well as others.
- Telecommunications distribution designs. Background in the information technology systems industry a plus!
- Fire alarm designs in both new and existing systems, addressable and conventional.
- Security systems for new and existing high-level security systems.
- Associates degree or higher.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD (Revit a plus), Visual, Microsoft Office, and other related vendor design software.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related field.
- General knowledge of building codes such as NEC, IMC, NFPA, IPC, and IBC.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Current U.S. Government security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
Our employees share in a comprehensive compensation package, and hard work is rewarded! Benefits include medical plan, short term disability insurance, life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and flexible work hours. Salary commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration. We look forward to hearing from you!